Dr. Moore’s approach is simple: by maintaining the proper ratio of potassium to sodium in the diet, blood pressure can be regulated at the cellular level, preventing the development of hypertension.
- Proves that the majority of cases of stroke, heart attack, and hypertension can easily be prevented by maintaining the proper ratio of potassium to sodium in the diet.
- Updated with scientific evidence from a recent Finnish study showing a 60 percent decline in deaths attributed to strokes and heart attacks.
- Provides a comprehensive program for balancing body chemistry at the cellular level.
The High Blood Pressure Solution: A Scientifically Proven Program for Preventing Strokes and Heart Disease
High blood pressure is entirely preventable, without reliance on synthetic drugs. Dr. Moore’s approach is simple: by maintaining the proper ratio of potassium to sodium in the diet, blood pressure can be regulated at the cellular level, preventing the development of hypertension and the high incidence of strokes and heart attacks associated with it. Dr. Moore updates this edition with a new preface reporting on the latest scientific research in support of his program. The most striking results come from Finland, where for several decades sodium chloride has been replaced nationwide with a commercial sodium/potassium mixture, resulting in a 60 percent decline nationwide in deaths attributed to strokes and heart attacks. Extrapolated to America, the Finnish statistics would mean 360,000 strokes prevented and 96,000 lives saved every year.
Dr. Moore makes it clear that high blood pressure is only one symptom of an entire systemic imbalance. He outlines a safe, effective program that focuses on nutrition, weight loss, and exercise to bring the entire body chemistry into balance. For those currently taking blood pressure medications, he includes a chapter on working with your physician to ensure that any reduction in hypertension drugs can be effected gradually and safely.
Softcover, 400 pages
The High Blood Pressure Solution
A Scientifically Proven Program for Preventing Strokes and Heart Disease
How to Use This Book
PREFACE TO THE SECOND EDITION
Hypertension Can Be Prevented and Cured
Why Haven’t You Heard of These Developments?
Part One: The Problem
1. What is High Blood Pressure?
2. Drugs–The Usual Treatment
Part Two: The Answer: Moving From the Myth of Control to a Balance with Nature
3. Hypertension: Much More than Just High Blood Pressure!
4. The Action the Cell Membrane
5. High Blood Pressure Is Not Inevitable: Cultural Evidence
6. Working with the Wisdom of the Body: An Adequate K Factor Lowers Blood Pressure and Prolongs Life
7. Hypertension: A Variation of Syndrome X
8. Other Factors that Influence Blood Pressure
Part Three: The Program
9. Step One: See Your Doctor
10. Step Two: Eat Right
11. Step Three: Exercise
12 Step Four: Help Your Body Find Its Proper Weight
Part Four: The Workbook
13. The Workbook
Part Five: Additional Considerations
14. Why the Emphasis on Drugs
15. Additional Evidence: Low Dietary K Factor–A Main Cause of Primary Hypertension
Part Six: Salt, Blood Pressure Regulation, and Drug Action
16. How Important Is Salt?
17. How the Kidneys, Hormones, and Nervous System Work Together to Control Blood Pressure
18. Antihypertensive Drugs
Part Seven: For the Physician
19. Information for the Physician